* By Lorielle Bouldin, KNews Staff Reporter * The Thomas Dale Beta Club hosted their fall blood drive on Thursday, Nov. 10, and had a good turn out. “We had 66 donations which equates to 198 lives saved,” said Chad Seay, Beta Club faculty sponsor. The Beta Club partners with the Virginia Blood Services to
The TDHS National Art Honor Society sponsored their first Coats for Kids drive on Thursday, Nov. 3, collected over two hundred coats, “enough to make a presentable pile,” according to Shelley Row, NAHS faculty sponsor. Channel 8 News Clip (Puritan Cleaners website) “It was very successful for the first year,” Row said. “We had a
* By Tanner Davis, KNews Sports Editor * Over the years, Thomas Dale Volleyball has always had competitive volleyball teams for girls and boys varsity. This year, the girls varsity team had a strong team across the board that allowed them to fight competitively until the very end. With a new head coach and losing the
* By Nadi Meyer, KNews Managing Editor * Well it’s that time of the year again! We’re trading in swimsuits and sunshine for autumn chills and frightening thrills, and with pop-culture-consuming social media, I wouldn’t be surprised if it had an impact on this year’s costume selection for Halloween. I’m sure you all have seen
* By Grace Fields, KNews Arts Editor * On Wednesday, Oct. 26, Thomas Dale High School juniors will attend a special ring ceremony during 1st block and Enrichment. During the ceremony, juniors will have their rings “knighted” to them by their class officers. The ceremony will begin with a presentation of colors by JROTC before
* By Nadi Meyer, KNews Managing Editor * With the mighty knights winning the homecoming football game against Petersburg on Friday, Oct. 14 , the flow of students that poured onto the dance floor were filled with enough spirit and energy to last them through the night. From the Cha Cha Slide to Girls Run the
Breaking News: Bloxom Is Murdered Disclaimer: No faculty, staff members, or animals were harmed in the making of this video. Stay tuned for more !!!
* By Tanner Davis, KNews Sports Editor * After a full week of homecoming festivities, the Thomas Dale student body and faculty along with friends and family gathered on Friday evening to watch the TDHS Knights battle against the Petersburg Crimson Wave. It was a night chock-full of football, roaring fans, and outstanding school spirit. The homecoming
On Thursday, Oct. 13,students came dressed as their favorite superheroes. A few dressed as super-villains.
One of the key differences between a good team and a great team is the ability to endure challenging circumstances and keeping fighting for a win. Although at times it seemed impossible, the Thomas Dale boys varsity volleyball team was able to strip victory from the jaws of defeat against Clover Hill this past Monday.
* By KNews Staff, Photo by Lorielle Bouldin, KNews Staff Reporter * The annual Homecoming Powderpuff football game was held on Wednesday,Oct. 12. This is the game during spirit week where girls at Thomas Dale play football and boys who choose to participate are the cheerleaders. The girls who choose to participate in the powderpuff game are taught